Wysong has not placed caloric content front and center on labels, literature, and websites because displaying the information would simply reinforce the public’s perception that nutriton, health, and obesity are about calories. That would be misleading since it has very little to do with pet health.
Those who focus on calories are missing out on some key evaluative criteria. For example:
- Mimicking, as much as possible, the natural carnivorous feline and canine diet
- Feeding in variety and rotation
- Augmenting the diet with raw, fresh foods
- Learning how to properly evaluate pet foods and companies
- Providing properly designed supplements
- Plenty of exercise and time outdoors
Here are two articles to get you started:
Does Your Pet Need a Percentage of Something?
The Real Problem In Pet Feeding
Please also consider Dr. Wysong's book, The Truth About Pet Foods.